A quick update important dates related to getting back to the field. Although we are still waiting on final decisions by the City on when we will be allowed to open the fields, the Board has established the following:
- Practices Begin - as soon as City opens the fields - expected to be sometime in July
- Pre-season Practice Time - a minimum of 2 weeks of practice before games begin
- Games - to begin no earlier than August 10th
- Reminder of the Goals of our Season:
- Getting our players out on the field, active and together with friends and teammates!
- Teams - we will keep existing teams together, as much as possible (only changes due to consolidation)
- Competitive Spring Format - we will follow our Spring divisional format with teams competing for place in the standings (except t-ball)
- Safety Protocol - as part of our approval to play, the City, District 24 and our Board is establishing safety protocols to align with guidelines required by local, county and state authorities as of the time we are able to reopen
- All Stars - we expect District 24 to hold district level All Star Tournaments and potentially Section level
There are still a number of unknowns and data changes daily. We are anxious to get our players back on the field, but also understand it needs to be done in a safe manner that works collaboratively with health officials and government agencies. We do not have authority to open fields without their approvals and we will continue to work collaboratively with them to determine the time that it is appropriate to move forward.
What we do know is that the ping of the bat, pop of the glove and the rest of the sounds of the season are getting closer everyday!
More details to come soon...